Sunday, March 22, 2015

Jalie 3352 - Dolman Tops as Pajamas

j_3352_1j_3352_31

 

The girls have been screeching as me to make up some pajamas for them. Well, they recently got some hand-me-down fleecy pajama shorts and I decided to make some tops to go with them. I was on a kick and made four tops.I used a combination of National Swap Meet Fabric and, oh wait, it’s all NCSW fabric. Some is just from previous trips. (Yes, the girls are still very toothless.)
j_3352_20

 

You’ve seen this top on me many times. I really like the fit. I figured it would be the perfect lounge-around top for pajamas. The girls love them. I’m such a doh-doh. Why didn’t I center the motif? Oh, I know, because I’m a moron. It’s just off enough that it looks like I tried and failed. I think that’s even worse than just forgetting.
j_3352_18

 

I love the hi-low hem of this top. I used the size M, which is the girl’s size 9. They are too big, but they will grow into them by the time I’m done writing this blog post.
j_3352_19

 

On some of them I used picot edging for the neckline. I think it’s a cute touch.
j_3352_21

 

I really like this stripey version.
j_3352_22

 

I used an elastic edging here, more of an elastic piping.
j_3352_23

 

Here’s version #3. I love that my new NCSW fabric (the orange sleeves) matches my previously purchased NCSW fabric.
j_3352_24

 

Here’s a close-up of the neck treatment.
j_3352_25

 

This is version #4, and my least fabric. The fabric is so light that it was a bear to sew.
j_3352_26

 

This is like a fancy-schmancy picot edging. It’s white and glittery. I don’t have much and I’m kind of annoyed that I used it on this pink fabric.
j_3352_27

 

Just your standard picot edging.
j_3352_28

 

This is the elastic “piping”. I’m not really cure what to call it. The thicker part is shiny and very pretty.
j_3352_29

 

At the NCSW, you can get four yards of this for a dollar. Jealous?
j_3352_30

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Nice tops. And no not jealous. Just envious beyond comprehension!!

ybennett said...

FOUR yards for a dollar? Yes, I'm jealous! I've not seen that elastic piping, but love the finish it gives. Very cute Jammies!