Saturday, November 7, 2015

Jalie 2975 - Favorite Hoodie Ever!

How freaking cute is this hoodie? I love it!!! I see many more of them in my future. I’ll definitely be making these for the Little People in my life too. I already have a request for a color blocked one. WITH a hood. These people are so particular. Sheesh.
j_2795_1

 

I know the lighting and focus aren’t the greatest. I’m working inside with bad lighting. There are a couple things I really love about this hoodie. One is the sleeve length. I hate it when jackets are too short and when you move your arms, your poor little wrists freeze. Not so in this jacket. The arms are nice and long. Second, I love how it grazes the hips and is a bit longer. Third, I love the welt pockets. The directions made it really easy. And fourth, I love, love, love the collar/hoodie itself.
j_2795_2

 

Ignore my Resting Bitch Face. My children are “helping” me in these photos and apparently I wasn’t happy with someone. I love how the collar stands up even when the hood is down. Super cozy on a chilly neck.
j_2795_3

 

I made my normal Jalie size of S. I added an inch above the bust like I do for almost all patterns. The fabric is a PolarTec PowerStretch fleece. It’s water and wind resistant and plush on the inside. I forgot to take a picture of the inside. Oops!
j_2795_4

 

The hood is shaped with several pieces, so it fits the head really well.
j_2795_5

 

More Resting Bitch Face. Happy little photo bombers.
j_2795_6

 

I’ve had this jacket done for weeks but only just photographed it. I wear it constantly inside. I get chilled easily and this is the perfect throw-on jacket for inside or to run outside and check for chicken eggs (we get three a day now! I think one is a dud? She’s never laid anything!). I love all the topstitching and the seaming; great details that make it look very high end.
j_2795_7

 

I made this as part of the Jalie Hoodie Sew Along. I finished it way ahead of the deadline because I don’t like to start multiple projects and I like to finish my tasks quickly (I’m a total list-checker-offer).
j_2795_8

 

Next up? Another pair of Eleonore Pants and an Ottobre.

1 comment:

Ayselce örgüler said...

excellent ! I liked it a lot.