Sunday, January 17, 2016

A little Ottobre-ing . . .

My littlest one has needed a replenishing of the wardrobe for a little while. She’s loves her leggings and they all seem to be getting short and tight. To help me plan, I made a little (hand-drawn, nothing fancy) wardrobe plan. I love working like this. I planned out several items of clothing and I tried to make them all coordinate. I wanted to work mostly from stash and focus on using up all my little scraps of cute fabric. I still have one more to do.
ott_0116

 

First, I did these leggings. They are from the newest version of Ottobre kids magazine. These are simple, straight-forward leggings. No ruching, decorations, or interesting style lines. Just easy leggings. I made them assembly-line style, all three at once. I did these in an afternoon. My gal has morphed from a 116 to a 122 seemingly overnight and these fit her great. I used a coverstitcher for the hem and waist elastic. I did a little reinforcement stitching at the CB and crotch area.
ott_0116_15_1

 

These sweatshirts are from the 06/2015 Ottobre magazine. I really like the butterfly version on the left. I was trying to use up the black/lavender polka dot print. I used my new binder for the necks. It worked like a charm! The black polka dot is from this Ottobre dress and the blue sleeves are from this Jalie tunic
ott_0615_15_1

 

This is my favorite piece. The black and white is a ponte knit, the pink print is a scuba knit, and this is the last of the polka dot fabric. It has a short CB zipper. The black and white is from this Ottobre dress and the scuba knit is from these Ottobre tights and this Jalie dress.
ott_0615_14_1

 

More to come! I have another wardrobe plan all written out for the 134 size range too!

No comments: